Research interests of the group cover diverse areas of Probability Theory and its Applications including (but not restricted to)
- Random fields, Gaussian processes and stochastic geometry
- Topology of random systems, topological data analysis
- Stochastic partial differential equations
- Random structures in combinatorics and statistical mechanics
- Statistical mechanics and random media
- Markov processes
- Queuing theory
- Large deviations
- Stochastic control
- Stochastic analysis and Malliavin calculus in Wiener space
- Measure-valued processes and interacting particle systems
- Random permutations and random walks on groups
- Markov decision processes, game theory
- Coagulation-fragmentation processes
The Probability group runs a weekly seminar and each year it offers a number of graduate courses from basic to advanced levels.
Subscribe to our mailing list to receieve announcments about seminar talks, courses and events.
The group offers a variety of Graduate (PhD) opportunities for overseas and domestic students as well several Post-Doctoral positions for recent PhD graduates.
The positions range from short-term visits to full scale graduate programs for students and full scale employment for postdocs.
Prospective candidates are invited to browse through pages of this site and then to directly contact members of the probability group in their areas of interest, either as potential supervisors or collaborators.